Coconut & Dark Chocolate Cake
- PREPARATION TIME : 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 35 minutes
- SERVES : 8
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Special thanks to Modest Marce for creating this delicious recipe.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup Grace Organic Coconut Milk
- 4 ounces 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped & divided into two equal parts
- 1/2 cup Grace Coconut Chips
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsps Grace Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder & sea salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the sugar, butter & coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Alternate between adding the coconut milk & flour mixture. beat until smooth.
- Fold in the flaked coconut & half of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch round cake pan & top with remaining chocolate chunks & coconut chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top centre bounces back to touch.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan & glazing.
for the glaze
- Mix ingredients in a bowl until the desired consistency is formed.
- If the glaze is to thin, add more powdered sugar. if the glaze is to thick, add more coconut milk.