Ham Bone & Peas Soup
- PREPARATION TIME : 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 2 hours
- SERVES : 3 people
- 1 cup of peas
- 8 cups water
- 1 whole ham bone
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 stalkcelery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound yellow yam, diced
- 1/2 pound irish potato
- 1 packet Grace Cock Soup Mix
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper/use Grace Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- Rinse peas and remove any unwanted particles.
- In a pot bring water to boil, peas and ham bone.
- Add chopped onions, celery and garlic.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until peas become tender.
- Peel and dice yellow yam, Irish potato and shape spinners, then add to the boiling mixture.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Grace Cock Soup Mix, green onion, thyme and whole scotch bonnet pepper and continue to simmer for a further 1/2 an hour.