Thai Curry Carrot Soup
- PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 6
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Special thanks to Closet Cooking for this delicious recipe.
- 1 tbsp Grace Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (or 2 teaspoons curry powder)
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 can Grace Organic Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tahini (or peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tbsps Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsps lime juice (~1 lime)
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high, add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the carrots, broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, before pureeing (with a hand blender or in a blender or food processor).
- Return to heat, add the tahini, let it melt and season with fish sauce, sugar and lime juice to taste before enjoying!
Option: Roast the carrots by tossing them in oil and roasting in a preheated 425F oven until tender, about 20 minutes, mixing half way through.
Option: Add rice, lentils, chicken, etc. to make a hearty meal!