BBQ Jackfruit Sliders
- PREPARATION TIME :
- COOKING TIME :
- SERVES :
1 can Grace Young Green Jackfruit in Brine
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce/Grace Jerk Marinade/ sauce of your choice
½ cup water
1. Drain and thoroughly rinse jackfruit.
2. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium – high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 2-3 minutes until onions turn translucent.
3. Add jackfruit, sauce of your choice and water to pot. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stir occasionally.
4. Use a large fork and mash the jackfruit to create the “pulled meat” consistency. Add more water if needed, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat.
5. Warm buns on grill.
6. Top with pulled jackfruit and your favourite coleslaw. Enjoy!