Jerk Shrimp and Grits
- PREPARATION TIME : 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 2
For the Grits:
2 cups grits
2 cups water
2 cups milk
2 cups cheese
4 tbsp butter
For the Jerk Shrimp:
1 package jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 Tbsps unsalted butter
¼ cup Grace Jerk Marinade
1 scotch bonnet pepper, optional (You can also use habanero pepper)
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 sprigs of thyme, stems removed
Extra thyme to garnish
1. Marinate shrimp in Grace Jerk Marinade. Set aside for one hour.
2. In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil. Gradually add the cornmeal and whisk continuously. Once all of the cornmeal has been incorporated, turn heat to low and cover. Whisk occasionally to prevent lumps. Let cook until mixture is creamy.
3. Once ready, remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste and butter; whisk to combine. Fold in cheese and set aside.
4. Heat a large saucepan with oil. Add Shrimp, butter and saute until fully cooked. Once ready, sprinkle a pinch of red pepper flakes, thyme and serve on cheese grits with thyme sprigs as a garnish.