BBQ Seitan Ribs
- PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 2-3 people
Share onPRINT RECIPE
There’s no reason to miss out on BBQ ribs, one of summer’s best foods, just because you’re vegetarian, vegan or eating healthy! Seitan is a nutritious protein mixture with a great taste and texture; this recipe teaches you to make it the YamChops way. Trust us: these “ribs” brushed with Grace Jerk BBQ sauce are well worth eating. Visit YamChops and try some of their great vegan, gluten free meals at 705 College Street, Toronto, ON or check them out at yamchops.com.
- 1/3 Cup Chickpea flour
- 1 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 4 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1-1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup + 1 T Macadamia butter
- 2 tsp Liquid smoke
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce
- Mix all dry ingredients together in mixer.
Add liquid ingredients and mix for 4 minutes.
- Remove to table and continue kneading by hand. Dust with flour to proper texture (not too sticky).
- Stretch out gently.
- Bake for 16 minutes. Remove and generously brush with Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce. Bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Remove and brush thickly with Jerk sauce. Grill just until grill marked.
- Brush again and cut into “ribs”.
Substitute cashew or almond butter for macadamia butter.