Jerk Chicken with Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Rice
- PREPARATION TIME : 1 hour
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 2 people
For the chicken:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 480 mL bottle Grace Jerk Marinade
½ fresh ripe pineapple
For the rice:
1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
¾ cup Grace Coconut Milk
¾ cup water
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Add the chicken and jerk marinade into a zip lock bag. Mix well to ensure the chicken is thoroughly covered in the marinade. Marinate for at least one hour but up to 24 hours.
2. If you’re not using your barbecue, grease a non-stick skillet or cast iron grill pan. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip halfway through.
3. Slice the pineapple into thick pieces and grill on both sides.
4. Bring the rice, coconut milk and water to a boil. Once boiled, reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve the chicken over a bed of rice!