Mango Glazed Veggie Skewers
- PREPARATION TIME : 60 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 40 minutes
- SERVES : 4
1 bottle of Grace Tropical Rhythms Island Mango Juice
2 tablespoons of Grace Jerk Seasoning
5 tablespoons of Grcae Jerk Marinade
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 ripe mango
2 tablespoons of lime juice
½ a teaspoon of rice vinegar
1 pkg. Soyaire firm tofu
1 dash Grace pepper sauce (optional to taste)
3 red sweet peppers
3 yellow sweet peppers
1 long or 2 short zucchinis
1 medium red onion
2 cobs of corn
1 pkg. spring mix salad
3 tablespoon Grace Organic Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon of Kraft balsamic dressing (to taste)
1 tbs maple syrup
1 pkg. blackberries
Grace Coconut Chips (for garnish)
1. Make the glaze by using one bottle of Grace Tropical Rhythms Island Mango juice and pour the contents into a heavy-bottom pot. Set the stove to medium heat and reduce. The process should take about forty-five minutes.
2. Remove tofu from the package, pouring out the water and cut into four equal pieces. Each piece is one serving. Cut each piece into four and place in a bowl.
3. Marinate tofu in 2 tbs. of Grace Jerk seasoning and 5 tbs. of Grace Jerk Marinade sauce. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
4. Begin to prepare the skewers. Soak the skewers in water for thirty minutes. Meanwhile, wash and cut the vegetables (peppers, corn and onion) into 1 inch pieces and zucchini into thin rounds. Then, poke a whole, with an ice pick, in the centre of the corn to prepare it for skewering.
5. Pour 3 tbs. of Grace Organic Coconut Oil into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and toss the vegetables. Place the vegetables to the side and then toss the tofu.
6. Remove the skewers from the water. Beginning with the corn, thread the vegetables and tofu onto the skewers, making sure to put two pieces of tofu on each skewer.
7. Place them on the hot grill. The cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of the grill. Turn them to ensure that all sides are grilled.
8. Wash the mango and cut along the seed to remove the top and bottom flesh (cheeks). Then, cut off the skin to create two large, flat ovals of flesh. Lightly brush them with oil and place them over low heat on the grill. Rotate the mango to create crosshatch grill marks. Remove the mango promptly when finished and let rest.
9. In another bowl, combine 1 tbs of balsamic vinaigrette, with about 2 tsp of maple syrup, per serving of salad, to taste. Place about 1 cup of salad on the plate.
10. Cut the grilled mango into half-inch cubes and add about five pieces each to the salad. Wash the black berries and add about five berries also.
11. Garnish the salad with Grace Coconut Chips and drizzle on the dressing.
12. Add the juice from half a small lime, about 2 tsp. of lime zest, a cap full of rice vinegar and a dash of Grace Pepper Sauce (optional). Stir well and brush the glaze onto the finished skewers. Add the skewers to the platter, along side the salad, and serve with a side of the glaze for dipping.