Poached Chicken in Jerk Coconut Sauce
- PREPARATION TIME : 1 hour 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 4
4 whole boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon(s) Grace Jerk Seasoning
2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalk(s) escallion, chopped
3 clove(s) garlic, minced
1 sprig(s) thyme, chopped
2 tablespoon(s) Grace Organic Coconut Oil
1 can(s) Grace Organic Coconut Milk
1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
1 tablespoon(s) butter (optional)
1. Flatten chicken breasts with a mallet and season with Grace Jerk Seasoning, soy sauce and one half of the chopped onion, escallion, garlic and thyme. Cover and put to marinate for one hour.
2. Heat Grace Organic Coconut Oil in a shallow skillet and add the remaining chopped onion, escallion, garlic and thyme and sauté for one minute.
3. Add the Grace Organic Coconut Milk and chicken stock and allow to reduce for 10 minutes.
4. Arrange the flattened chicken breasts in the reduced coconut milk mixture. Bring the liquid to just under a simmer over direct heat; reduce the flame, cover and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through and the liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
5. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and whisk in the butter, if used.
6. Arrange sautéed callaloo on the base of a serving plate and place a turn cornmeal mould on top. Top with the poached jerk chicken. Drizzle with the sauce and serve.