Shredded Barbecue Chicken Over Grits
- PREPARATION TIME : 20 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 45 minutes
- SERVES : 6
1 cup Grace BBQ Sauce
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ tsp pepper
2 cups chicken broth
¼ cup molasses
1 tbsp ground ancho chile pepper
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 ¼ cups water
1 cup quick-cooking grits
1 cup canned pumpkin
¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
6 tbsps sour cream
2 green onions, chopped
2 tbsps minced fresh cilantro
1.Sprinkle chicken with pepper; place in a large nonstick skillet.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup broth, Grace BBQ Sauce, molasses, chile pepper and cinnamon; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to the skillet.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water and remaining broth to a boil. Slowly stir in grits and pumpkin. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.
4. Divide grits evenly; top each with ½ cup chicken mixture. Serve with tomato, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.