Ackee and saltfish bites
- PREPARATION TIME : 45 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 45 minutes
- SERVES : 4-8
1 Baguette, sliced
¼ cup olive oil
1 can Grace Ackee
Ackee and Saltfish Topping
1 tbsp thyme, chopped
2 tbsp green onions, finely sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
½ Scotch Bonnet pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, sliced
½ roma tomato, seeded and julienned
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp black pepper
6 oz salt cod saltfish base
1 tsp all-purpose spices
2 tbsp chives, thinly sliced
1. Prepare a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle, olive oil and sprinkle minced garlic and bake until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook onions and garlic. Once translucent, add bell peppers, tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper and lightly cook. Add butter and add the salt cod and cook to combine.
3. Add Grace Ackee, season with black pepper and gently fold mixture. Add thyme and green onions.
4. Take the ackee mixture and place on top of toasted baguettes. Garnish with chives and serve.