ChickPea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- PREPARATION TIME : 20 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 40 minutes
- SERVES : 3
3 large sweet potatoes
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup Grace Chick Peas, soaked overnight
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Brush sweet potatoes with butter and bake at 400˚F until soft.
2. In a large bowl add chick peas, seasonings and place into a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy.
3. Once baked, carefully cut open sweet potatoes down the middle and push the edges away from each other to form a pocket. Fill the pocket with chickpeas and garnish with cilantro and sour cream.