Sweet and Spicy Lime Kettle Corn
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 12
1/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Oil
3/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tsp Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 cups plain, air popped popcorn
2 cups unsalted peanuts
1 cup Grace Coconut Chips, lightly crushed
4 tsp freshly grated lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Melt Grace Organic Coconut Oil in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add Grace Organic Coconut Sugar, brown sugar, lime juice, Grace Hot Pepper Sauce and salt. Bring to a boil, swirling pan to combine. Once sugar has dissolved, boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, toss the brown sugar sauce with popcorn, peanuts, Grace Coconut Chips and lime zest. Spread evenly on prepared pans.
4. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until caramel has set. Cool completely and break into clusters.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.