Sweet and Spicy Lime Kettle Corn
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 12
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Kettle corn is a delicious snack that is so simple to prepare at home. Coconut adds a delicious hint of sweetness that balances the savoury spicy flavours.
- 1/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 cups plain, air popped popcorn
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup Grace Coconut Chips, lightly crushed
- 4 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Melt Grace Organic Coconut Oil in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add Grace Organic Coconut Sugar, brown sugar, lime juice, Grace Hot Pepper Sauce and salt. Bring to a boil, swirling pan to combine. Once sugar has dissolved, boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
- In a large bowl, toss the brown sugar sauce with popcorn, peanuts, Grace Coconut Chips and lime zest. Spread evenly on prepared pans.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until caramel has set. Cool completely and break into clusters.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.