• 1 pint heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning, mild
• ½ cup sugar
• 6 egg yolks
• 1 banana, peeled
1. Place cream, jerk seasoning and vanilla bean in a medium sized sauce pot and bring to a boil. Place sugar and egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Remove cream from heat and whisk into the yolk mixture in small 1-2 ounce increments. When ¾ of the cream is in the yolks, add the yolk mixture back into the sauce pot.
2. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to slightly thicken or reaches 180°F on a thermometer.
3. Transfer product to a clean bowl add the banana and using an immersion blender, puree. Strain into a clean bowl and cool in an ice-bath or in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally. When product is completely cooled, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and churn.