• 12 pounds turkey
• 4-5 tablespoons Grace Jerk Seasoning
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cups chopped onion
• 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
• 1/2 cup butter, cubed
• 12 cups unseasoned bread stuffing or dry bread cubes
• 2-1/4 tablespoons of Grace Jerk Seasoning
• 2 to 2-1/2 cups boiling water
1. Remove giblets from turkey, rinse with cold water and pat dry inside and out.
2. Careful loosen skin over breast and legs using your fingers. Avoid tearing the skin.
3. Combine Grace Jerk Seasoning, honey, soy sauce and rub liberally over turkey inside and out.
4. Stuff the turkey with stuffing but do not over fill, as the stuffing expands during cooking and could split the skin if too tightly packed.
5. Mix the lemon juice with the olive oil and brush the turkey. Cover with aluminum foil and return to the refrigerator. Let sit for a few hours or overnight.
6. 3 hours before cooking time leave turkey covered on kitchen counter to come to room temperature.
7. Brush turkey once again with oil mixture before placing on a baking sheet and fit it over a roasting pan with 2 cups water.
8. Tuck the wing tips under the turkey and truss the legs together. Bake at 180 degree C/ 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 160 degrees C/ 325 degrees F and bake for a further 3 1/2 hours.
9. Remove the aluminium foil, about 30 minutes before the total cooking time.
10. Turkey is ready when the deepest part of the breast gives a reading of 165 – 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Let sit for 30 mins then carve.