Apple Pie Puff Pastry
- PREPARATION TIME : 45 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 4
4 honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
¼ cup Grace Coconut Sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
2 large egg yolks
2 packages puff pastry, thawed
1. In a large bowl place the diced honeycrisp apples, grace coconut sugar and cinnamon. Mix until evenly coated then pour into a medium-sized sauce pot.
2. Heat the sauce pot until the apples have begun to caramelize and a pool of liquid forms. Add ¼ water if needed to create a caramel.
3. In a small bowl add cornstarch and lemon juice together until it forms a slurry. Pour the slurry into the apple mixture until it thickens. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Unroll puff pastry and cut into 3” circles. Place 2 tablespoons of apple filling into the pastry and cover with a second circle overtop. Press down with a fork around the edges to seal and cut two slits over the top to let the filling breathe. Repeat until all the filling is used.
5. Brush the tops with egg yolk and bake until lightly golden. Once out of the oven, sprinkle with Grace Coconut Sugar and let cool.