Caribbean-Inspired Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 20 minutes
- SERVES : 6-8
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup chunky chocolate chips
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup Grace Instant Oats
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp milk
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut flakes
1. Cream together butter and both sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat well.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, Grace Instant Oats, baking soda and salt. Gradually add butter mixture until combined. Pour in chunky chocolate chips, milk and shredded coconut. Mix with a spatula until a dough forms.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium spoon, measure out cookie dough and shape into two-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten to about ½ inch thick, spread 2-3 inches apart.
4. Bake until edges start to turn brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve and enjoy.