Creamy Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge
- PREPARATION TIME : 20 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 4
1 cup Grace Cornmeal
2 cups water
2-3 cups milk of choice
1 can Grace Condensed Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup pecans roughly chopped
A handful of blueberries, blackberries and other berries of choice
A pinch of maldon salt and allspice to garnish
1. Heat a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat. Add water and milk and bring to a boil.
2. Gradually add cornmeal and whisk. Adjust heat to low accordingly so the cornmeal doesn’t burn.
3. Cover pot to allow cornmeal to thicken and whisk occasionally to prevent lumps.
4. Once the cornmeal has thickened, add the spices, condensed milk and whisk until it forms a creamy consistency.
5. Remove from heat and serve in prepared bowls. Top with toasted pecans, berries.