Coconut Pumpkin Pie
- PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 1.5 hours
- SERVES : 8
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Special thanks to Dinner with Julie for this delicious recipe.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can Grace Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbs. molasses (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream or the thick layer from the top of a can of coconut milk (or a combination)
- 1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, coconut milk, sugars, eggs, molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and salt until well blended and smooth. Pour into the crust.
- Bake for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until the filling is set but still a little wobbly in the middle and the crust is golden. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie lightly with a sheet of foil as it bakes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- When you’re ready to serve it, whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Serve dolloped on top of the pie.
Chef tip: This smooth, creamy pie can be made dairy free if you use a lard or shortening-based pastry crust. For added coconut flavour, swap coconut extract for the vanilla.