Coconut Cinnamon Buns
- PREPARATION TIME : 30 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 2.5 hours
- SERVES : 9-12
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Special thanks to I am a Food Blog for this delicious recipe.
- 2 1/4 tsps rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup Grace Organic Coconut Milk, slightly warmed
- 3 tbsps Grace Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps Grace Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Grace Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Grace Coconut Chips
- Sprinkle the yeast over the coconut milk. Stir and let proof. Whisk in the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Pour in the coconut yeast mixture, stir and then knead by hand until the dough comes together into a ball. Let rise in a warm spot, in a clean bowl, covered loosely with plastic wrap, until doubled, about 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, tip out the dough and roll out to a large rectangle, about 14 x 20 inches. Brush the coconut oil on evenly, all the way to the edges. Whisk together the cinnamon and sugar in small bowl then spread evenly onto the dough. Roll into a tight roll, and depending on your pan, cut into 9 or 12 equal pieces. If using a 8 x 8 inch pan, cut into 9. If using a 10.5 x 7.5 inch ceramic baking dish, cut into 12 pieces.
- Place the rolls into the pan, cover loosely with plastic and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled. (At this point, you can hold the buns in the fridge if needed – if you’d like to prepare them the night before and bake them off in the morning that definitely works.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap and bake the buns for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. If baking from the fridge, remove the buns from the fridge as the oven is heating up. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While the buns are baking, make the glaze. Stir together the coconut milk and sugar until smooth.
- When the buns are done, the tops should be golden brown and a skewer poked through should come out clean. Glaze immediately and top with coconut chips. Let cool slightly and enjoy warm!