Coconut & Dark Chocolate Cake
- PREPARATION TIME : 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 35 minutes
- SERVES : 8
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Oil
2 tsps pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 cup Grace Organic Coconut Milk
4 ounces 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped & divided into two equal parts
1/2 cup Grace Coconut Chips
for the glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsps Grace Coconut Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder & sea salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the sugar, butter & coconut oil until smooth.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
5. Alternate between adding the coconut milk & flour mixture. beat until smooth.
6. Fold in the flaked coconut & half of the chocolate chunks.
7. Pour into a greased 8-inch round cake pan & top with remaining chocolate chunks & coconut chips.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top centre bounces back to touch.
9. Let cool completely before removing from pan & glazing.
for the glaze
1. Mix ingredients in a bowl until the desired consistency is formed.
2. If the glaze is to thin, add more powdered sugar. if the glaze is to thick, add more coconut milk.