Coconut Rice Pudding
- PREPARATION TIME : 20 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 6
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Rice pudding is delicious served warm or chilled, depending on preference.
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (400 mL) Grace Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scrapped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups basmati rice
- 2/3 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Grace Coconut Chips, toasted
- Combine milk, Grace Organic Coconut Milk, vanilla bean seeds, cinnamon stick, star anise and cardamom in a saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil and stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture has thickened. Discard cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Divide evenly among 4 dessert bowls. Cool slightly or chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mango and Grace Coconut Chips before serving.
Substitute 1 tbsp vanilla extract for the vanilla bean. Stir in with Grace Organic Coconut Sugar.