Coconut Rice Pudding
- PREPARATION TIME : 20 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 6
3 1/2 cups milk
1 can (400 mL) Grace Organic Coconut Milk
1 vanilla bean, split and scrapped
2 cinnamon sticks
1 star anise (optional)
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1 1⁄3 cups basmati rice
2/3 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup Grace Coconut Chips, toasted
1. Combine milk, Grace Organic Coconut Milk, vanilla bean seeds, cinnamon stick, star anise and cardamom in a saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil and stir in rice.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture has thickened. Discard cinnamon stick and star anise.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
4. Divide evenly among 4 dessert bowls. Cool slightly or chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mango and Grace Coconut Chips before serving.
Substitute 1 tbsp vanilla extract for the vanilla bean. Stir in with Grace Organic Coconut Sugar.