- PREPARATION TIME : 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 20 minutes
- SERVES : 24
1 cup Grace coconut oil, room temperature
2 cups Grace coconut sugar
5 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsps vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk*
1 bag Grace coconut chips, finely crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. ream the coconut oil and coconut sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on high speed, for approximately 3 minutes. You may need to occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl and the attachment.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, letting each egg be mixed in before you add the next, and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In two parts, alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix until just barely combined. Fold in the finely crushed coconut chips.
5. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each liner with batter, until about ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool for about 15 minutes and then remove to a baking rack to completely cool.
6. Garnish with icing or serve as is!