Marmalade Pecan Pie
- PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 50 minutes
- SERVES : 8
1 partially baked 9-inch pie shell, cooled completely
3 large eggs
3/4 cup Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2/3 cup marmalade
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup boiling water
3 Tablespoons melted Grace Organic Coconut Oil
3 Tablespoons bourbon
1 3/4 cups pecans, both halves and chopped
1/2 cup Grace Coconut Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Crack the eggs into mixing bowl and add the coconut sugar. Whisk for about 2 minutes, until frothy. Whisk in the flour and the salt. Finally add the marmalade and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
3. In another smaller mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder with the boiling water. Whisk until smooth with no lumps. Pour in the melted coconut oil, followed by the bourbon. Stir to combine.
4. Add both the chopped and halved pecans and the coconut chips to the pie filling. Mix well, then pour the filling into the prepared pie shell. Scrape the bowl to ensure all that sticky goodness goes into the pie.
5. Place the pie on the middle rack of the oven and bake for approximately 45-50 minutes, rotating pie pan 180 degrees once during the baking time.
6. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
Chef Note: For a pie without booze, substitute strong coffee in place of the bourbon and add a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.