Grilled BBQ Jerk Shrimp and Salad
- PREPARATION TIME : 30 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 4
12 Shrimp size 21/40
1/2 cup Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce
4 cups of Arugula Kale mix
1 Red onion
2 Red bell peppers
1 pint Cherry tomatoes
1 cup Grace Coconut Chips
4 Lime wheels (garnish)
1 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbs Vinegar
3 Tbs Grace Tropical Rhythms Sorrel Ginger Juice
Pinch of Salt
2 ½ Tbs Honey
DIRECTIONS FOR VINAIGRETTE:
1. In a mixing bowl or sauce pan, combine your olive oil, dijon mustard, vinegar, honey, Grace TR Sorrel Ginger Juice, and salt.
2. Whisk the ingredients together thoroughly and serve chilled.
DIRECTIONS FOR GRILLED BBQ JERK SHRIMP AND PINEAPPLE:
1. Shrimp – Peel shrimp completely and place on grill or BBQ. Cook until shrimp is opaque in colour or an internal temperature of 145*F. Move shrimp to low heat and generously baste both sides with Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce. Leave on low heat until ready to serve.
2. Pineapple – Cut pineapple into plank or ring slices and grill until the Pineapple retains grill marks or the complexion of charring. Cut into bite size pieces and place on salad when cool.
3. Plating – Arrange a small pile of arugula (can be mixed with other lettuce if you want to tone down the flavour). Decorate salad with thinly sliced red onion, grilled pineapple pieces, chunks of fresh mango, red pepper slices, halved cherry tomatoes, and grilled jerk shrimp. Sprinkle Grace Coconut Chips and accent with a fresh lime wheel for a garnish. Drizzle Vinaigrette over the salad and serve.