Slow Cooked Jerk BBQ Pulled Beef Tacos
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 7-8 hours
- SERVES : 3-5 people
Share onPRINT RECIPE
Photo credit: Shareba Abdul, In Search Of Yummy-ness
1 large red onion, cut into thin slices
2.5- 3 pounds (1.360kg) boneless inside round roast
Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce
8 to 10 corn or flour tortillas
1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp (3g) chili powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ears corn, shucked or 2 bags (32oz) frozen corn kernels thawed
2 roma tomatoes fine diced
1 can black beans (15oz), drained and rinsed
1/4 medium red onion, fine diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
1 medium avocado peeled and diced
2 tbsp (3g) chopped cilantro leaves
2 tbsp (30ml) diced scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
2 tbsp (30ml) lime juice
1. Place onions at the bottom of your slow cooker. Next place beef on top. Pour entire bottle of Grace Jerk BBQ Sauce over the beef.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. You can also cook it on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours. Remove beef and shred it with two forks.
Grilled corn and black bean salsa
3. Set up grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat.
4. In a small bowl combine canola oil, chili powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Brush corn with oil mixture. Place on hot grill and cook 10 minutes, turning frequently. Remove to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from the cob.
5. In a large bowl combine tomatoes, beans, onion, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and grilled corn. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Warm tortilla shells on grill about 30 seconds each side. Place pulled beef in each taco shell, top with salsa and serve. For added heat, add some Grace Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce if you don’t have scotch bonnet peppers. For added flavour skim some of the fat off the sauce and mix it in with the beef.