Curry Quinoa with Kale & Cauliflower
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 35 minutes
- SERVES : 4
Share onPRINT RECIPE
A flavourful and satisfying vegetarian dinner loaded with healthy ingredients and nutritious coconut oil.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 head
- 2 tbsp Grace Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp Grace Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 tsp Indian curry paste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup no salt added chicken broth
- 1 can (400 mL) Grace Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 cups thinly sliced kale (ribs removed)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup Grace Coconut Chips
- Roasted Cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss the cauliflower florets with melted Grace Organic Coconut Oil, thyme, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast, turning halfway, for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown.
- Curried Quinoa: Meanwhile, melt the Grace Organic Coconut Oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa until well coated. Stir in Grace Organic Coconut Milk and broth; bring to a boil. Add chickpeas and raisins. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the broth is absorbed. Add kale. Continue to cook, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until quinoa is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Stir in Coconut Vinegar.
- Divide quinoa evenly among four plates and top with cauliflower. Garnish with parsley and toasted Grace Coconut Chips before serving.
Add peas or cooked, chopped chicken with the quinoa for an extra source of protein.
For a smoky flavour, substitute smoked paprika for the paprika.