Creamy Cauliflower & Chickpea Soup
- PREPARATION TIME : 20 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 45 mnutesi
- SERVES : 4 people
2 cups Grace Chick Peas, soaked overnight
1 large head of cauliflower
1 medium onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
5 cups vegetable stock
1 Grace Coconut Cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp turmeric powder
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 baguette for dipping (optional)
1. Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl along with chick peas, onions and garlic. Coat vegetables in olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
2. Lay vegetables on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until golden brown. Once cooked, reserved a few cauliflower and chickpeas to garnish.
3. Place the remaining roasted vegetables into a high-powered blender with vegetable stock and blend until smooth.
4. Place blended mixture into a saucepot and add coconut milk, spices and bring to a boil. Once thick, remove from heat and pour into serving bowls.
5. Garnish with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds and serve with a baguette.