Thai Curry Carrot Soup
- PREPARATION TIME : 5 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES : 6
1 tbsp Grace Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic, grated
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tbsp red curry paste (or 2 teaspoons curry powder)
2 pounds carrots, peeled and diced
2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
1 can Grace Organic Coconut milk
1/4 cup tahini (or peanut butter)
1 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
2 tbsps Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
2 tbsps lime juice (~1 lime)
1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high, add the onion and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
2. Add the carrots, broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes, before pureeing (with a hand blender or in a blender or food processor).
3. Return to heat, add the tahini, let it melt and season with fish sauce, sugar and lime juice to taste before enjoying!
Option: Roast the carrots by tossing them in oil and roasting in a preheated 425F oven until tender, about 20 minutes, mixing half way through.
Option: Add rice, lentils, chicken, etc. to make a hearty meal!