Tomato Coconut Soup
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 4 to 6
2 tbsp Grace Organic Coconut Oil, melted
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
2 cups no salt added chicken broth
2 tsp vinegar
1 can (400 mL) Grace Organic Coconut Milk
2 cups chickpeas
2 tbsp Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup Grace Coconut Chips, toasted
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Melt Grace Organic Coconut Oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, broth, Grace Organic Coconut Milk and chickpeas; bring to a boil.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until fragrant. Cool slightly.
5. Purée in batches, until very smooth. Stir in Grace Organic Coconut Sugar and coconut vinegar. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with toasted Grace Coconut Chips and cilantro.
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper with the other spices for a bit of heat.