Tomato Coconut Soup
- PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME : 30 minutes
- SERVES : 4 to 6
Share onPRINT RECIPE
- 2 tbsp Grace Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups no salt added chicken broth
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 can (400 mL) Grace Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Grace Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Grace Coconut Chips, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt Grace Organic Coconut Oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, Grace Organic Coconut Milk and chickpeas; bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until fragrant. Cool slightly.
- Purée in batches, until very smooth. Stir in Grace Organic Coconut Sugar and coconut vinegar. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with toasted Grace Coconut Chips and cilantro.
Add a pinch of cayenne pepper with the other spices for a bit of heat.